Reading Recommendation

I am a ferocious reader, and one book
I came across just before Christmas is
'In The Company of Women' by Grace Bonney.

What really attracted me to this coffee-table
tome, is that is was compiled and written by
someone who started out as a blogger.
(it's even got a raving endorsement from 
Martha Stewart!)

Grace Bonney has compiled a book of her favourite
creative icons, artists, heroes.........

It is full of empowering business advice and inspiration
from a diverse group of uplifting and talented women
of all races, ages, diversity etc.




It's the kind of book that gives me the urge to rip out every page,
post them around my office so that I can be surrounded by these
incredible women (hoping that some of their sage advice will
penetrate by pure osmosis ;-)


I go through the book each day aiming to read at least 3-4 profiles
whilst making notes of the most salient points which I then keep
in my Evernote for when I need a spot of inspiration for the days
when I am having a  real funk (which have been quite plentiful this
Jan and Feb).

(Does anyone else make notes when they are reading non-fiction?)


If you want further inspiration this interview with the
author and Marie Forleo should do it.
She talks more about how she achieved her goals 
whilst striving for the work/life balance.

Enjoy and don't forget to leave me your thoughts below.






xxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!